Chickpeas are considered both a vegetable and protein food, helping you hit two important food groups at once. With so many vitamins and nutrients, chickpeas benefit your body in several ways. And besides that, it’s an excellent vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber. There are many ways you can eat chickpeas. One of the options is roasting to get crunchy chickpeas!
Seasoning chickpeas and roasting them in the oven until they’re crispy transforms them into a tasty snack. It’s a very healthy alternative to salted peanuts, chips or other ‘bad’ snacks. Crunchy chickpeas are also a tasty topping for your salads!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (if you like them spicy)
How to make:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas
- Dry the chickpeas
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and the other ingredients
- Roast the chickpeas for 20-30 minutes (use baking paper)