Celebrate the holidays with this healthier version of the tiramisu cake. With a base of homemade granola, lots of cottage cheese, dark chocolate and coffee this cake is incredible.
What do you need this?
- 300 grams oats
- 100 grams coconut oil
- 80 grams mixed nuts
- 8 tbsp. honey
- 6 leaves gelatin (or agar agar = vegan option)
- 800 grams cottage cheese
- 35 ml coffee
- 10 grams cacao powder (+ extra for the topping)
- 50 grams dark chocolate
How do you make this?
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Take half of the oats and grind it into oat flour. Keep the other (unground) half, because you’ll need it later.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and stir it into the oat flour.
- Chop the nuts and add it into the oat flour and add 5 tbsp. and the unground oats to it as well.
- Grease a springform pan and cover the bottom with the oat mixture and press firmly with with a spoon.
- Bake in the over for 20 minutes until golden brown and let is cool.
- Place the gelatin leaves in cold water and soak for at least 5 minutes.
- Divide the cottage cheese between two bowls. Stir the coffee, cacao powder and 1 tbsp. honey into one half. Stir 2 tbsp. honey trough the other half.
- Heat 6 tbsp. of water in a pan, squeeze out the gelatin and let is dissolve in hot water while stirring. Let it cool down.
- Divide the cooled gelatin over both cottage cheese mixtures and stir well so that the gelatin is completely absorbed.
- Chop the chocolate and stir trough the coffee mixture.
- Alternate a spoonful of the coffee mixture with a spoonful of the honey mixture on the oat base, continue until both bowls are empty.
- Place the cake in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish the tiramisu cake with cacao powder and serve!